Sunday, August 7, 2016

Queen Anne's funeral: Irina's statement

Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth-Mills will be taking part in the funeral of his grandmother, Queen Anne.

Irina Walker, Queen Anne's third daughter, has released a statement regarding her non-attendance the funeral on August 13.  Her son and daughter will also not be attending the funeral.

"During these sad days, I am thinking dearly about my mother, and the fact that I cannot depart for Romania, despite the Royal Family's -- my family's wishes, is very sad not to be able to participate in the final farewell to my mother, but I will always carry her loving memory in my heart. The decision was mine to make, due to personal reasons. I'll be watching from afar, and will be with the Royal Family in spirit."

http://www.romaniajournal.ro/former-princess-irina-will-not-attend-her-mother-queen-annes-funerals/

1 comment:

John said...

Poor thing. What a difficult decision to make. I'd be devastated in that situation.